Kyle Mincham – Imperial College Research Fellow
I am an Imperial College Research Fellow working alongside Professor Clare Lloyd and Professor Robert Snelgrove.
I completed my PhD at the Telethon Kids Institute (University of Western Australia) in 2018 under the supervision of Associate Professor Deborah Strickland, investigating the capacity of the immune training agent OM-85 to transplacentally protect offspring against allergic asthma. Following my PhD, I remained within the Strickland lab for a short postdoctoral study. My PhD and early postdoctoral work identified several mechanisms by which we could educate components of the immune system to respond more appropriately and promote protection against asthma and respiratory viral infections.
In January 2021, I joined Imperial College and was awarded an ICRF in 2022. My research focusses on the diverse roles of innate lymphoid cells (ILCs) and their progenitors, aiming to uncover their contribution to the progression and exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and asthma. I explore the role of ILCs using an integrated full spectrum flow cytometry – systems biology approach.
- Mincham KT and Snelgrove RJ. OMIP-086: Full spectrum flow cytometry for high-dimensional immunophenotyping of mouse innate lymphoid cells. Cytometry Part A. https://doi.org/10.1002/cyto.a.24702
- Troy NM, Strickland DH, Serralha M, de Jong E, Jones AC, Read J, Galbraith S, Islam Z, Kaur P, Mincham KT, Holt BJ, Sly PD, Bosco A, Holt PG. Protection against severe infant lower respiratory tract infections by immune training: Mechanistic studies. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2022;150(1):93-103. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaci.2022.01.001
- Mincham KT, Bruno N, Singanayagam A, Snelgrove RJ. Our evolving view of neutrophils in defining the pathology of chronic lung disease. 2021;164:701-721. https://doi.org/10.1111/imm.13419
- Mincham KT, Young JD, Strickland DH. OMIP 076: High-dimensional immunophenotyping of murine T-cell, B-cell, and antibody secreting cell subsets. Cytometry Part A. 2021;99(9):888-892. https://doi.org/10.1002/cyto.a.24474
- Lauzon-Joset JF*, Mincham KT*, Scott NM, Khandan Y, Stumbles PA, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Protection against neonatal respiratory viral infection via maternal treatment during pregnancy with the benign immune training agent OM-85. Clin Transl Immunol. 2021;10(7):e1303 *Joint first author. https://doi.org/10.1002/cti2.1303
- Mincham KT, Panchal K, Hart PH, Lucas RM, Feelisch M, Weller RB, Matthews VB, Strickland DH, Gorman S. Metabolic dysfunction induced by high-fat diet modulates hematopoietic stem and myeloid progenitor cells in brown adipose tissue in mice. Immunol Cell Biol. 2021;99(7):749-766. https://doi.org/10.1111/imcb.12460
- Brosseau C, Selle A, Duval A, Misme-Aucouturier B, Chesneau M, Brouard S, Cherbuy C, Cariou V, Bouchaud G, Mincham KT, Strickland DH, Barbarot S, Bodinier M. Prebiotic supplementation during pregnancy modifies the gut microbiota and increases metabolites in amniotic fluid, driving a tolerogenic environment in Front. Immunol. 2021;12:712614. https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2021.712614
- Mincham KT, Jones AC, Bodinier M, Scott NM, Lauzon-Joset JF, Stumbles PA, Bosco A, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Transplacental innate immune training via maternal microbial exposure: role of XBP1-ERN1 axis in dendritic cell precursor program Front Immunol. 2020;11:601494. https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2020.601494
- Lauzon-Joset JF*, Mincham KT*, Abad AP, Short BP, Holt PG, Strickland DH, Leffler J. Oestrogen amplifies pre-existing atopy-associated Th2-bias in an experimental asthma model. Clin Exp Allergy. 2019;50(3):391-400. *Joint first author. https://doi.org/10.1111/cea.13544
- Mincham KT, Scott NM, Lauzon-Joset JF, Leffler J, Stumbles PA, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Early life ovalbumin sensitisation and aerosol challenge for the induction of allergic airway inflammation in a BALB/c murine model. Bio Protoc. 2019;9(5):e3181. https://doi.org/10.21769/BioProtoc.3181
- Mincham KT, Leffler J, Scott NM, Lauzon-Joset JF, Stumbles PA, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Quantification of serum ovalbumin-specific immunoglobulin E titre via in vivo passive cutaneous anaphylaxis assay. Bio Protoc. 2019;9(5):e3184. https://doi.org/10.21769/BioProtoc.3184
- Lauzon-Joset JF, Scott NM, Mincham KT, Stumbles PA, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Pregnancy induces a steady-state shift in alveolar macrophage M1/M2 phenotype that is associated with a heightened severity of Influenza infection: mechanistic insight using mouse models. J Infect Dis. 2019;219(11):1823-1831. https://doi.org/10.1093/infdis/jiy732
- Mincham KT, Scott NM, Lauzon-Joset JF, Leffler J, Larcombe AN, Stumbles PA, Robertson SA, Pasquali C, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Transplacental immune modulation with a bacterial-derived agent protects against allergic airway inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2018;128(11):4856-4869. https://doi.org/1172/JCI122631
- Leffler J, Mincham KT, Mok D, Blank F, Holt PG, Stumbles PA, Strickland DH. Functional differences in airways dendritic cells determine susceptibility to IgE-s Immunol Cell Biol. 2018;96(3):316-329. https://doi.org/10.1111/imcb.12005
- Lauzon-Joset JF, Jones AC, Mincham KT, Thomas JA, Rosenthal LA, Bosco A, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Atopy-dependent and independent immune responses in the heightened severity of atopics to respiratory viral infections: Rat model studies. Front Immunol. 2018;9:1805. https://doi.org/10.3389/fimmu.2018.01805
- Scott NM, Lauzon-Joset JF, Jones AC, Mincham KT, Troy NM, Leffler J, Serralha M, Prescott SL, Robertson SA, Pasquali C, Bosco A, Holt PG, Strickland DH. Protection against maternal infection-associated fetal growth restriction: proof-of-concept with a microbial-derived immunomodulator. Mucosal Immunol. 2017;10(3):789-801. https://doi.org/10.1038/mi.2016.85